Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: 1.2

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 14:55 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Yes, that will work. But if there is a -O2 hardcoded somewhere, both -O2
> and the CFLAGS will be used.

Sure. Still, in case one re-configures often, which implies
rebuilding the makefiles, editing resp. patching them all
the time might become a kind of a tedious task.

So, to avoid this I then guess the options are

* pass CFLAGS (resp. I think CCFLAGS for g++) to configure via
  CFLAGS=blah ./configure ...
* or do the same during make via
  CFLAGS=blah make
  or
  make -DCFLAGS=blah

Logging the build like make 2>&1 | tee make.log and grep'ing
those logs for O2 then might provide a reasonably easy way to
ensure no optimization is used.

And if there's still some hardcoded optimization, well bad luck :)
Maybe editing Makefile.in can fix that ...

Regards, Bruno.