Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gm and dlink router with NAT

Le lundi 28 février 2005 à 10:37 +0000, James Ellis a écrit :
> Hi
>
> This is my first post here....
>
> I'm trying to set up gnomemeeting (1.02) on my FC3 box, this has gone
> ok and the program has picked up my Cam - a PWC 840 - and Microphone
> ok.
> I believe the firewall on my dlink router (724) is cauing some
> problems.. does anyone have any knowledge of how to transpose the port
> information available in the gm website FAQ to the dlink configuration
> (I've tried and failed) ?
>
> Dlink suggest that the box be placed in the "DMZ" - outside the
> firewall but I don't think that is a suitable answer.

The easiest is to use GM 1.2. I think (but I'm not sure) that DLink
routers are not of the type "Symmetric NAT". In short words, that means
that you do not have to forward any port as long as you are using STUN
support in GnomeMeeting. It makes things easier.