[GnomeMeeting-list] Static picture failure

Hi, I am trying to use Gnomemeeting to transmit a static picture instead of the gnomemeeting logo... but whenever I open a call I get an error message "unable to open the device". I chose the image (a small jpeg which opens fine in Firefox / Gimp etc) using the "browse" button which gave a path of file:////home/swest/Pictures/test.jpg and also tried just a stright Linux path (/home...etc)

I am using the latest Mandriva distro with the gnomemeeting that ships with it (v1.2 I think)

TIA

Simon West