Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ideas..

On 12/5/05, Antonello Lobianco <antonello lobianco org> wrote:
> ..just because it seems "time" of brainstorming...
>
> There is one think I'm very unhappy with ALL the VoiP programs and
> solutions around: the "name" u get when u register is not yours, it is
> dependent with the program or the network you use.. that's true also for
> SIP.
> I'd so much like something that the only thing you have to print in your
> business card is your web-site or your email, and people can Voip you
> using that name..

Isn't this already provided with public directory services (I don't
have personal
experience with SIP yet, but I think GM's docs point to such a public service).

And while we are at it (feature requests) - a way to use GM without having to
tinker with the firewall, and without having to understand anything except for
"pick a contact and press 'call'", will be a killer addition. IMHO
these two points
alone made Skype so successful.

(Thinking about this again - Skype is the current "standard" in terms of "what
users expect from VoIP" and competing with its ease of use seems to me to be
a must for anything else in the market).

Cheers,

--Amos
--
"[a grizzly] can tear through a tree like a Jewish
mother through self-esteem."           - The Simpsons