Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New proposition for GM name

Hi,
> Added:
> - Yoopi
There was a korean PDA called Yopi (running Linux though)

> - BeeVox, BiVox
a) Get a be as Mascot b) be bi' :-)

> - Ami (friend in french)
in German it sounds like the derogatory word for an American - ami.org is
taken by the Association of Medical Illustrators btw.

> - Boss (Best Open Source Softphone)

>Lumi - the name of our mascot.
Is used in North countries (dk, se,no) as well as lumi.org is existing<
Well, but what about Lumivox ...

Anyway - we had a hard time too to find a name for our company. Why not do it
like the folks of Maemo (the Nokia tablet PC on Linux): They took a password
generator to find their name http://maemo.org/faq/faq.html#general

On the other hand, besides to be associated too much with the Gnome desktop
environment, I like the name Gnomemeeting.

I wouldn't give much on it's proximity to Netmeeting - Gnomemeeting is just
the place where nice little gnomes meet, isn't it. (no reference to QCIF
images ;-)  )

The little gnomes still found in many gardens here in Germany or the seven
ones with Snowwhite (they'd need a decent MCU to use Gnomemeeting to meet
though :-) )

I mean, the name is not finished yet, one could change its associations too.

Greetings
Conrad