Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Interest for GM 2.00

On Thursday 01 December 2005 08:09, Johnny Strom wrote:
> JGJones wrote:
> > Just wanted to say my bit :)
> >
> > I'm profoundly deaf. Obviously I cannot use telephones. Technologies
> > such as Skype is useless for me.

< Lines cut >

> And video is someting I would like to se get better in GM, by use more
> bandwith, with fiber comming along in places so is bandwith not a
> problem anymore.
>
> Cheers Johnny

The problem is NOT wasting bandwidth just because you can....
If ANY software is to be successful it needs to be easy to handle,  fast,
small and be able to use resources at a minimum.
I know MSN doesn't fit in any of those criteria, even though its very popular,
but it still applies.

There are still users who are at 64K Single channel ISDN. That calls for a lot
more streamlined transfer that a 100 Mb LAN (As we have in my house)

So just cause we have 100 Mb doesn't call for us using 100 Mb.
Prefarable GM would use as little as possible as fast as possible.

         /Rikard

email   : rikard j rikjoh com
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob     : +46 (0)736 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >