Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Low resolution with TerraCAM USB Pro

Am Freitag, 12. August 2005 19:15 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> > What can I do to get the full resolution of 640x480?
>
> You can't.
>
> And I very much doubt that you have the required upload bandwidth to
> transmit 640x480 video to your friends.

What is the technical reason for this? Is gm not supporting this resolution at
all?

I see various reasons why higher resolutions make sense. Imagine resolution is
more important than frame-rate (e.g. if you want to show objects/papers etc.
through the cam). Imagine having a local network.
Beside that, gm supports taking shots, at least they should be in the highest
resolution possible.