[GnomeMeeting-list] No DC plugin? Cannot compile...

I'm trying to get Gnomemeeting working with my firewire DV camcorder.
I'm running FC4 on x86-64.

Here are my problems:

0.  My camcorder works great with dvgrab, so I know that there is no
fundamental OS problem.  But gnomemeeting doesn't recognize the device
under the AVC plugin.

1.  After some websearching, I discover the 'secret' DC plugin.  This is
not included in the pwlib RPMs on the gnomemeeting website.  Nor is any
supplemental plugin available (for Fedora, at least) in RPM form.  I
don't know for sure if this is what I need to get the camera working,
but I can't get hold of it to find out!

2.  My only course of action is to download the pwlib source, and to set
about compiling it myself.  The next problem I encounter is that the
source is not ISO C++, and g++ 4.0 refuses to compile it.

3.  Next I install the compat-g++32 and compat-gcc32 Fedora packages, so
that I can try to compile under g++ version 3.2.  Though it ought to be
easy, compilation turns out to be a *major* headache.  Finally, when all
the parts compile, gnomemeeting terminates with a segmentation fault.

4.  Having tried manual compilation (the old-fashioned way), it occurs
to me that I'm too old-school, and there may be a simpler approach.  So
I download the source RPMs, and attempt to 'rpmbuild' these.  To get
rpmbuild to use g++32, I prefix the command line with CXX=g++32.  e.g.:
  CC=gcc32 CXX=g++32 rpmbuild --rebuild pwlib-1.8.4-1.src.rpm
But the configure script bombs out with the error:
  checking for x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-g++... g++32
  checking for C++ compiler default output file name... configure:
error: C++ compiler cannot create executables
  See `config.log' for more details.

I'm tearing my hair out.  Can anyone help?  For any stage?

Thanks so much,

-- Dominick

-- Dom Layfield