Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting can't open /dev/video0

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 12:14:20AM +0300, Sami Kiiskila wrote:
> I installed ubuntu and tried the gnomemeeting that came with it.
> Seemed to work but without video, it even found the microphone
> on the usb webcamera.
> So I compiled the required driver (spca5xx) for this webcamera (Labtec).
> But gnomemeeting is not able to use the video. When I select the V4L2
> plugin and try to open the wiev from own camera I get and error window
> about "not able to open /dev/video0 , check permissions".

If permissions are ok, maybe your driver just doesn't support V4L2.

There is also a problem with Ubuntu Live-CD, Gnoppix, that it and the
Gnomemeeting in it supports only V4L2 and not V4L. I couldn't get
pwc-driver and Logitech Quickcam 4000 Pro to work with Gnoppix because
of that. Bug/feature request is reported on Ubuntu bugzilla. Also
Gnoppix v0.99.9 has the old GM without STUN-support.

// jouni