[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: GnomeMeeting Voice Logging

Hello :)

Le jeudi 07 avril 2005 à 21:33 +0200, Christoph Anton Mitterer a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> I've got some questions:
> The most digital communication systems allow you to save the
> conversations in some kind of archive (instant messengers have their
> logs, emails can be saved of course).
> But the problem with voice/video conferences is that you cannot easily
> record them.

Agreed, and it makes things more complex with video as you have to
reencode in real time.

> Is it possible to add a feature to GnomeMeeting to record conferences.

Yes it is possible.

> For example when someone calls you it could be possible to select if the
> voice stream (and perhaps video too) should be recorded, using codecs
> that can be selected in the preferences.
> Of course it would be nice if someone could start logging even during a
> conversation.
>
> What do you think about it?

That's possible, however, I can not promise it will happen before a few
months (probably one year). I don't have much spare time and I'm fully
concentrating on SIP support for now, which is much more requested.

However, it will be on my TODO list after that. If you want to help, or
contribute it, please feel free, it would be a nice contribution.

Thank you,