[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GM 3.00, big changes, already partly introduced in 2.00

Hmm, Sounds a bit like gaim-vv :-)

I like the idea of favourites for people you call regularly, but then
its sort of like an expanded recent calls list, people your calling
regularly are going to be in the list. Like with my mobile most people
I call are in the 20 or so people in my recent calls list (Or a quick
dial). Some sort of quick search in the interface which would search
all the sources would be cool.

The online presence sort of thing seems very similar to what they are
trying to achieve in Evolution with the ability to see at a glance
who's online (see the gnome bounties).

One thing that I would like to be able to do is right click on a
contact in Evolution and click call and be able to use gnomemeeting to
do any call (to another h323/sip client or PC to Phone) without having
to modify the phone numbers (as I sync my evo with my mobile phone).
To do this we'd need to be able to set a 'default' PC to Phone
provider (I use Freshtel) and have gnomemeeting strip any non numeric
chars (+- ) add the prefix and suffix to the number and dial (so
+61812345678 would become sip:61812345678 freshtel net).

To me the contacts seems like a slimmed down address book attached to
the main interface instead of another window sort of like the buddies
list in GAIM / MSN or most other IM clients. I think we'd be better
off making the address book better.

Just some of my not so coherent thoughts.

Cheers
Pete