[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GM 3.00, big changes, already partly introduced in 2.00

[...]

> >The URL will be known because either we have associated to the user when
> >adding it to the address book, or because he is publishing it (through
> >Jabber for example).
> >

> IMNSHO the url is something people shouldn't see if they didn't type it
> themselves.

So what do you propose?

> >Having a system to see if the user is online is also required. That can
> >be done later through jabber. The contacts list can be extended to
> >support Jabber contacts, with a small phone icon next to their nickname
> >if they accept H.323 or SIP calls.
> >

> Things get messy when you have ils, jabber and phone number for a same
> contact. Or worse, several of each of those for a same contact...

That's right, it is a problem, however, it can be easily solved :
- if it has jabber info, it becomes a jabber contact and we get presence
support, if not, it is not a jabber contact, and we have no presence
support
- the URL for voip will be unique

> >* The Fav. tab will contain a sort of roster with 2 categories :
> >- the SIP/H323/IAX/Jabber accounts, their status (online/offline) and
> >the number of voicemails for each of them, if applicable
> >- the contacts without online presence, just an association between a
> >name and an url
> >- the Jabber contacts, merged with those contacts without online
> >presence, and organised in groups of contacts
> >

> The merging is gonna be painful, as said above.

Agreed, really.

[...]

> >You will notice that the bottom of the UI still has an URL bar with the
> >same connect/disconnect button. You will be able to enter URLs for less
> >common contacts directly using that URL bar, for example, when using GM
> >with Asterisk, and dialing random phone numbers. It will be a quick and
> >efficient way to dial.
> >

> The last line of a window is where I expect information to be given /to/
> me ; generally not given /by/ me (emacs is a notable exception here...). :-/

That's the statusbar, it will of course be kept identical to the current
UI.

[...]