Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] New MiniDV driver

Georgi Georgiev a écrit :

A new implementation of a DV1394 plugin (cleanly installable along with
the current plugins) is available for download from
http://www.gg3.net/~chutz/dvplugins/

The major differences between the new DV and the current AVC plugins
are:
- does not depend on libavc1394
- does not depend on libraw1394
How does that work? Do you access the hardware directly?
Would it have been harder to make them better?

- does not report the pretty name of your camera
Shouldn't be too hard to implement, depending on how you did it.

- no crashes on my 2.6 kernel (AVC was freezing on me after a few
 seconds)
I had no crashes here

Any reports/comments/suggestions from brave souls are much appreciated.
Not today ; and perhaps not even this week :-/

Snark