Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GnomeMeeting without Quicknet

> From: Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:31:16 +0200
> Sender: gnomemeeting-list-bounces gnome org
>
> That's perhaps a bug of the plugins system. Check they appear
> in /usr/lib/pwlib or /usr/local/lib/pwlib

Bingo! I just re-built pwlib with --enable-plugins and I now have
them. On the down side, GM now crashes instantly. I probably have an
#ifdef in the wrong place. I did the changes very quickly, just to get
it to compile and I suspect I messed one or more up. If I find and fix
it, I'll put the patches on the list. I'm sure that someone else wants
to build GM without Quicknet.

> Once it si done, perhaps you can contribute things to the FreeBSD
> portage tree.

My exact plan. I really want a port of a recent GM. The current one is
really old and only compiles on FreeBSD V4 systems (gcc version < 3.4).
I have pwlib and openh323 building OK on FreeBSD V5 and I suspect that
it will not be a problem on V4. If I can get it working, I will get it
into the ports tree ASAP.

The thing I'd love to see someone do is to port the ixj driver to V5. I
know that I am not likely to get it done any time soon, but it sure
would be nice.

Thanks for the help!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer