Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Zeroconf support

Le dimanche 14 novembre 2004 à 21:21 -0700, Simon Wood a écrit :
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:59:02 +0100
> Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> >
> > That's a compile parameter.
> > It will run on GNOME 2.4 provided you install HOWL packages if
> > GnomeMeeting has been compiled with HOWL support.
>
> hummm.... it seems to me that it might be a mistake to make Gnomemeeting dependant on another application (which is not absolutely required for H323 comms), especially if this functionality is enabled in the prebuilt binarys.

If GM is compiled against libhowl, then you have the functionnality in
GM and GM is dependant on libhowl0.

If GM is not compiled against libhowl, then you loose the functionnality
and GM is not dependant on the lib.

> If HOWL is not present what exactly with GM do?
> Simon.

You loose the functionnality, ie the ability to autodiscover other GM
peers on your network.
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org