[GnomeMeeting-list] Codec closes immediately after establishing connection

Hi,
There's a problem I have that I hope someone can help me with. When gnomemeeting establishes a connection, the codec opens for transmission but then immediately closes and no data is being sent/received. This is what the general history says:

01:39:41 Calling h323:vulcan.princeton.edu
01:39:43 Opened VIA 82C686A/B rev50 for recording with plugin ALSA
01:39:43 Opened codec MS-GSM{sw} for transmission
01:39:43 Connected with Mario Juric using Microsoft® NetMeeting® 3.0 181/21324
01:39:43 Opened VIA 82C686A/B rev50 for playing with plugin ALSA
01:39:43 Opened codec G.711-uLaw-64k{sw} for reception
01:39:43 Closed codec MS-GSM{sw} which was opened for transmission

In the above example, gnomemeeting 1.00 is on a RedHat 9 box (binary RPMs from the gnomemeeting.org website). Netmeeting is on WinXP. ALSA is from freshrpms.net, but I don't think that is the source of the problem as the same happens using OSS drivers (I installed ALSA hoping it would fix the problem). The two machines are on the same LAN, and there are no firewalls in between. Further more, the result is the same for a gnomemeeting-to-gnomemeeting connection attempt, which I also tried. WinXP machine is routinely used for other Gnomemeeting<->Netmeeting conferences (has the MS-GSM codec installed), so the problem is not there. I also tried various codecs, but the result is always the same - codec closes immediately after the connection has been established.

I did a number of gnomemeeting setups, but the solution to this one just eludes me... So if anyone has a suggestion/idea, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,
--
Mario Juric,
Graduate Student, Astrophysical Sciences, Princeton University