[GnomeMeeting-list] NetMeeting Gnomemeeting 56k Audio success

I finally got the NM-GM Interop to work over a 56k modem. Changing the Windows machine to a faster one solved the problem, the old machine had not fast enough a CPU to run the audio codec. After changing the windows PC we now have simultaneous audio AND video both ways over a 56k modem link.

Here is the setup for the records if someone else struggles with this.

Linux side:
RedHat 9.0
Celeron 2.0 GHz
Gnomemeeting 1.0
ADSL 512/1228

Windows side:
Windows 98
Pentium 3
NetMeeting 3
56 kbit/s modem

Pico howto:

1) Download instcodec.exe from gnomemeeting.org to your \Program Files\Netmeeting directory in windows. Other locations will not work.
2) Run instcodec.exe, press the install button and exit the program
3) Start Netmeeting
4) Both ends use ils.seconix.com as directory server.

Works fine.

Thanks to all of you who helped me troubleshooting the problem.

br, Timo