Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Urgent:Multi-camera

Hi Damien,
   I have changed some code in vidinput_v4l.cxx in
pwlib to include all input devices into one
String.Now,user will see all camera in the perference
window as one entry.They must choose all of them as
there is only one entry now. As I know, in
videograbber.cpp, gnomemeeting will create a device
belonged to the class PVideoInputDevice by the
function CreateOpenedDevice. A PVideoChannel
video_channel will then attach this grabber so that
data can be read from camera into buffer.

I am trying with two cameras,"BT878(Lifeview FlyVideo
98EZ )" and
"Logitech USB Camera". My approach is to force the
argument "input_device" passed in function
CreateOpenedDevice to include all the devices. After
each device has got data from camera to two differenct
video_buffers made myself ,by using the strategy in
openmcu's source code,i can integrate the two images
and save in the oringinal video_buffer in the source
code,and then pass it to gnomemeeting by
mpOutput->SetFrameData().

I have two questions here:

1. One of the argument passed in function
CreateOpenedDevice is "input_device",which consists of
two devices' names in my case. So,in videoio.cxx, how
can it return two devices of PVideoInputDevice instead
of one to gnomemeeting for it to attach to the
channel? You taught me to modify V4L to return a
predefined device "CameraArrays".
(Sorry,I am stupid...I can get the meaning
"CamereArrays". What is the type of this device?
PStringList or PVideoInputDevice?)

2. If I don't modify the function CreateOpenedDevice
so it returns a device which is corresponding to the
"input_device" (which includes two device names), will
mpInput->GetFrameData(dataBuf, &dataLen) in
pvidchan.cxx works? That means,the two camera can get
data into buffer?

This is a rather long mail,I apologize for asking so
much. Would you feel free to help me? Thanks alot!

Regards,
wah

--- Damien Sandras <damien sandras it-optics com>
的郵件內容:> Le ven, 12/03/2004 &#65533; 12:19 +0800,
yumi maiko a
> 矇crit :
>
> > Hi Damien,
> >    Yes,you 're right.I am having my
> assignment.It's so
> > hard for me :(
> >    I believe that your idea is the easiest and
> fastest
> > way for me to follow. However,I still get some
> > problems.As you said, I should begin at modifying
> the
> > plugin in pwlib instead of gnomemeeting source
> > code,right?You taught me to combine images from
>
> Right. I would take the V4L plugin as basis.
>
> > several video input devices together and returned
> > gnomemeeting. Um...I found that pwlib only returns
> the
> > PStringList and PVideoInputDevice. As there are
> some
> > functions in gnomemeeting source code to convert
> the
> > input data into image format. Do I need to modify
> > gnomemeeting to combine images?
>
> No, do that in the pwlib code. You can also use
> vconvert.cxx to convert
> between several image formats. Also, look at the
> code of openmcu
> available on openh323.org to have examples of image
> manipulation.
>
> > Or could you suggest a starting point for me?
> > Thanks for helping me alot!!
> >
> > Regards,
> > wah
> >

> >  --- Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>
> > &#65533;&#65533;&#65533;隞嗅&#65533;摰對&#65533;>
Hi,

> > > I guess you are students and you have an
> assignment,
> > > right?
> > >
> > > My idea would be to create a new video plugin
> called
> > > "MultiCamera" that
> > > returns a predefined device "CameraArrays". It
> would
> > > simply be an
> > > enhancement of the V4L plugin, but reading from
> > > multiple devices at the
> > > same time. The trick is to mix together all the
> > > images from the various
> > > devices and to return only one unique mixed
> image to
> > > GnomeMeeting.
> > >
> > > The only problem you will have is to find a
> common
> > > color format for all
> > > cameras if they are different.

敹&#65533;捏&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;ㄡ甇&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;...
> > 瘚芣憤&#65533;渲&#65533;
&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;鼠

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=22281/*http://ringtone.yahoo.com.hk/