Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] (no subject)

On Sunday 07 March 2004 22:51, Stefan Bruens wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 7. März 2004 16:18 schrieb Pablo Ortúzar:
> > I met the same problem: I followed your instructions, and successfully
> > installed GM 1.00 on my SuSE 9 Pro. Open Source projects are a mixture of
> > generosity and excellence: merci, Damien Sandras!
>
> So, can you confirm that /etc/sysconfig/gconf2 was missing?
>
> Was the installation of SuSE 9.0 a clean install or an upgrade from an
> older version?
>
> If you can say "yes" to the first question, a you have upgraded, this may
> be a general problem during upgrade, and I would like to report this bug
> upstream ...
>
> Stefan

Hello,

1) /etc/sysconfig/gconf2 *was* missing
2) the installation of SuSE 9.0 was a clean install.

Before following your suggestion, I had run "gnomemeeting-config-tool
--clean"; run "gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean-schemas"; & reinstalled the
GM packages, as suggested by Kilian Krause on 2004-02-22 in response to
Conrad Beckert's question on 2004-02-21:
>Does anybody have a solution for this? I installed the
>Feb 19th snapshot on my SUSE 9.0. Calling gnomemeeting
>fails - it complains about invalid keys. It speaks
>German to me - this is the original error message:
>Fehler bei GConf-Schlüssel

>GnomeMeeting wurde ein ungültiger Wert für den
>GConf-Schlüssel
>»"/apps/gnomemeeting/general/gconf_test_age"«
>zurückgeliefert.
It didn't work.