Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Camera not found on SuSE 9.0

Am Dienstag, 2. März 2004 01:55 schrieb Sebastian Nauroth:
> hello,
> I own a Mustek GSmart mini 2 and would like to use it with gnomemeeting on
> suse 9.0.
> Digikam and gtkam are working fine. I only had to select the camera model.
> But when I try to open the video-device during the gnomemeeting wizard,
> nothing happens. there are:
> 	/dev/raw1394
> 	/dev/video1394
> 	Bild
Digikam and gtkam are both downloading the previously made pictures from the
camera, which are stored in the internal memory of the camera, this is
sometimes referred to as "camera mode".

For GnomeMeeting, you have to use it in "webcam mode", and, lucky you are, it
seems to be supported by the spca50x driver. For Info see:
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=1281
and the linked  driver site on sourceforge ...

You have to install the package kernel-source, after this, do
"zcat /proc/config.gz > /usr/src/linux/.config" (this gives you the config of
the currently running kernel), "make dep" in /usr/src/linux/, extract the
source package of the driver,and then follow the instructions the README.

Greetings,

Stefan

PS: GnomeMeeting 1.00 will be released today! Packages for SuSE 9.0 should be
available, and you can be one of the first ones to hold this in  your hands -
or on your harddisk.
--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/