Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] CAN I USE ANY TERMINATION ACCOUNT WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER BESIDES MICROTELCOM ?

Le ven, 18/06/2004 à 14:34 +0200, Emmanuel M. Boamah a écrit :
> 	Hi,
>
> Can you please tell me if it is possible to use any voice service
> provider a part from  MICRO TELCO's account ?

Yes, you just need to find a PC-To-Phone provider:
- supporting H.323 as protocol
- supporting one of the audio codecs supported by GnomeMeeting

> What if I wsant to do PC to Phone without a phone on my side, can I
> just plug a my speaker into a full duplex audio card ?

Yes if you find a provider like described here above. Quicknet hardware
(and phone) are only needed with MicroTelco because MicroTelco only
supports G.723.1 which is patented and only available on Linux through
the use of a Quicknet card. That's the case for most providers.