Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Bandwidth limitations in GM

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:47:40 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

..delete

> I agree with you, but you are a power user. I think most users do not
> know the difference between kbps and kBps. I also think it is most
> intuitive to use kBps because people are used to see their upload and
> download speeds in other software and it is *never* expressed in kpbs.

I don't agree.

My internet links have been as follows:

- a 14.4kpbs modem
- a 28.8 kbps modem
- a 33.6kbps modem
- a 56kbps modem
- a 64kbps ISDN
- a 128kbps ISDN
- now a 512kbps ADSL

I never had:

- a 1.8kBps modem
- a 3.6kBps modem
- a 4.2kBps modem
- a 8kBps ISDN
- a 16kBps ISDN
- a 64kBps ADSL

> You can see mozilla, gkrellm, wget, ftp, all using kBps.

I understand, but network connections are usually referred to in bps.
When did you hear of 1.25MBps Ethernet? :)

   Craig

 Craig Southeren, craigs postincrement com http://www.postincrement.com
 Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
 Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 GnuPG Public Key:  http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt
 Blog:              http://www.southeren.com/blog/