Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] NAT Problem over VPN

Le dim, 04/07/2004 à 11:56 -0500, Randall Smith a écrit :

[...]

> 1. PC1 can ping PC3 and make TCP connections such as ssh.
> 2. PC3 CANNOT connect to PC1 because I don't know how to alter the
> routing tables on Win2K and wouldn't be suprised if I couldn't.

Then GM won't work. If PC3 can not connect to PC1, then PC3's GM won't
be able to open the video and audio channels for transmission from PC3
to PC1. Same for the H.245 channel which is not tunneled when using GM
with NEtmeeting.

> PC1(GM) calls PC3(NM).  PC3 answers and the call is connected.  Video
> does NOT show on PC3 (I don't know about audio), but video option in
> toolbar ungrays.  No video or audio on PC1.  Ethreal shows that TCP
> traffic is OK and UDP from PC1 -> PC3 is OK, but UDP from PC3 -> PC1 is
> sent to 192.168.3.2 which PC3 CANNOT RESOLVE!  PC3 should send its UDP
> packets through 10.7.74.145, but it appears that that NAT option in GM
> is not working (probably b/c its not a public IP).  So how can I make

Indeed, NAT translation only works with private IPs, it doesn't make
sense for private to private calls.

> this work.  Also, why does PC3 not show video from PC1 when I can see
> the UDP traffic arriving?

If PC3 can not connect to PC1, I would be very suprised that the traffic
arrives.