[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Chat between GnomeMeeting and NetMeeting

Le sam, 03/07/2004 à 10:34 -0600, Willem van Schaik a écrit :

> >>Any thoughts on if and when GnomeMeeting will start supporting chat
> >>sessions with Netmeeting? And is there a remote chance that the whiteboard,
> >
> >That's not on our TODO list at all for now. I don't think it will be
> >implemented.
> >

> Do you know what the issue here is? Given that GM-GM chats fine while GM-NM
> doesn't? Is Microsoft not adhering to the H.323 standards? But if you don't

Microsoft is using the T120 standard for text chat, not H.323. There are
no open implementations (except opent120.sf.net which seems to be dead).
We are not working on it simply because we think there is more
important.

> have a clue, just let me know.
>
> I'm asking because maybe I could try to debug/develop that part myself. In
> which case of course I would contribute it to the project.

That would be good, opent120 could be a good starting point.

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org