[GnomeMeeting-list] Elesign 1710 and GnomeMeeting

Hi All,

Just for the records, (i.e. google), the Elesign 1710 VoIP device is
finally working great with GnomeMeeting, thanks to help from Alexandre
Aracting who also has one.

Here are the details:
Details:
  2 x Ethernet ports - one internet, one internal
  Built in NAT router
  2 x RJ11 ports - one for phone - one for external line
  Codecs: G.711, G.723.1, G.729

To work with GnomeMeeting:
  Disable FastStart - Current firmware causes the unit to reset itself
otherwise.
  Disable H.245 Tunneling

The device will need the latest firmware to function correctly (version
3.26). E-mail: elesign elesign com for a new version. It doesn't seem
possible to update the device via TFTP, I had to reboot to my Laptop's
WinXP <spit> and run their programs which seem to do a lot more than a
simple TFTP transfer.

I got the device from PeopleCall.com, a Spanish Internet calling
company. However their firmware seems very crippled and does not work
correctly with other H.323 device. They annoyed me through their lack of
support and don't support NAT in any way (very silly considering
Telefonica have started charging extra for non-NATed IPs on ADSL!!).
(For those interested, I now use www.dualtalk.com with it in the UK,
they are friendlier and put much more effort into supporting NAT. I
connect to them through my local GnuGK server).

Overall the device is very good and with the new firmware it works
great. I don't use it as a NAT router, I prefer greater control and the
DHCP allocation seems a bit dodgy. The line-in support makes it ideal
for using the same phone with both lines. Also useful to note, is that
it doesn't give out a lot of power for the ringer, some phones won't
ring with it. I got myself a digital portable phone which works great.

Hopefully someone will find this useful,

Cheers,

sam

--
www.samlown.com