Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Intel CS330 with spca50x = green screen

Le 23/2/2004, "Niall Parker" <niall ve7hex ampr org> a écrit:

>Hello,
>
>Just noticed I get a green screen with gnomemeeting after upgrading to the
>latest spca50x from CVS (previous one works OK). I remember something about
>palette issues causing problems, maybe here ?
>
>Both new and old modules work fine with gqcam, so it is something different in
>the way gnomemeeting handles the video.
>
>Any pointers appreciated (already asked for help on spca50x-dev list, nothing yet)

Hello,

You have to report that bug to the sca50x guys. GQCam doesn't use the
same palette as GnomeMeeting. GnomeMeeting could force the use of the
GQCam palette for the spca50x camera but :
- it would be a hack (the driver should fail opening the device if the
palette is not supported and certainly not report success and give a
green picture)
- it wouldn't be efficient

So, as it was working before and as it is not working anymore, I suggest
you mentionning it to the developers of the module.