[GnomeMeeting-list] Audio device error

Hi all ... I'm unable to run Gnomemeeting 0.98 ... every time i've got
the following error :

GnomeMeeting didn't find any usable sound devices. You need to install
and setup a soundcard or a Quicknet card in order to be able to use
GnomeMeeting. Please check your driver settings and permissions.

Any other application can use my audio device ... a soundblaster live!
using emu10k1 driver ...
Actually I'm using alsa driver ... I've tried with oss too ... same
error ...
Kernel version is 2.6.0 , but i have the same problem with 2.4.23 ...
Hope somebody can help ....

thx in advance

David