Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] PCtoPhone Call over Dial-UP with GM with Spexx-8k

Le 13/2/2004, "Zeno R.R. Davatz" <zdavatz ywesee com> a écrit:

>On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:10:14 +0100
>"Damien Sandras" <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
>
>> No, that is impossible. Check the general history.
>Well in this case I do not know how to choose a Codec. I just moved the Codec Spexx-8k to the top of the list and it is still there and then I connected over Dial-Up and then I called my Dad.

You just enabled a codec in a list and give it the top priority. But when
you are doing the call, the codecs to use are negotiated following your
list of preferred codecs and the list of the remote user or gateway. If
the remote user doesn't support Speex, then another codec will be
negotiated.

If you want to force the use of a codec in both directions, then you will
have to only enable that specific codec. But if the remote end doesn't
support it, you will have no sound at all.