Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Horrible 2-second echo on SuSE-based system

Hi Alan,

>>I am wondering what options we should have turned on
or off, muted, etc. under the all-purpose "Volume
Control"panel SuSE provides that can be reached by
right-clicking on the menu-bar volume symbol, or other
checks we can make from the command line for example
to see what can be done to suppress this echo. <<
Well - don't hit me if I'm wrong ;-) In the Mixer
Window there is a little red radio button that lets
you select the recording source. (I'm using KDE - so
it's KMix - but that's the same all over - may look
differently though) That should be set to the
microphone. If it is set to the leftmost column - the
output channel - it captures the whole sound stream
going to the speakers - hence the talk of the
counterparty too. It just sends it back - sometimes
creating some nice feedback noise suitable for an
alternative sound performance show. :-)

Set it to the mic and/or tell the counterparty to do
so.

>>We have a hardware echo-cancelling mike hooked
between the microphone inputs and speakers, as we
always have,<<
Wow!! That sounds cool. I'm looking for something like
that to get rid of the headphones for some partners.
Who makes this? Where to get???

Hope I could help you
Conrad

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de