Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Can Gnomemeeting do CU30 / H263?

Hi,

Le dim 08/02/2004 à 12:10, Conrad Beckert a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> 1.
> In the OpenH323 mailinglist I've seen that they
> support CU30. Does this mean than a CU30 endpoint can
> call me on Gnomemeeting?

No, for 2 reasons :
- GnomeMeeting doesn't do CU30. I had done some tests in the past and
the results were really bad when there was packets loss.
- It could only be possible if the remote endpoint was an H.323
endpoint.

> 2.
> OpenH323 seems is planning to support the H263 video
> codec. How would I enable it in Gnomemeeting? Will
> there be some select list as with the audio codecs?

Yes, in the next few months. We will work on a codecs based plugins
system and you will be able to download plugins for any video and audio
codecs. I don't know yet how it will work with h.263, if it will be free
or not, because there are patents on it.