Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Scaling video from 640x480 with the ov511 driver

Hi James,

Am Mi, den 04.02.2004 schrieb James Bunton um 07:02:
> Hi all..
>
> I've just recently bought an ov511 camera, and so far video conferencing seems
> to be working fine with GnomeMeeting.
>
> The only problem is, the camera has a maximum resolution of 640x480, and the
> only time you can use the full field of view is when you take the image at
> that resolution. Neither the driver nor the camera hardware scale the image.

I also have OV511 and here it does scale fine.. Maybe this is my camera
or your driver is too old..

> So when GnomeMeeting takes a 352x288 image from the camera, I only get to see
> roughly half the field of view.
>
> Is there any way to fix this, so that GnomeMeeting will obtain the full
> 640x480 image from the driver, but scale it down to 352x288 so I can see the
> full field of view?

try with the loopback v4l driver and effectv.. maybe you're lucky and
can resize in the loopback.. that way you don't need to hack any code..
(but if you do, please send in the patches to us instead of making them
laying around the net and become forgotten about)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian