Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 1.2 on FreeBSD

> From: Kilian Krause <kk verfaction de>
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:25:36 +0100
> Sender: gnomemeeting-list-bounces gnome org
>

> --===============1245041178==
>

> --=-qKV40mDAqOI3x2VWNNLc
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> Am Montag, den 13.12.2004, 15:22 -0800 schrieb Kevin Oberman:
> > Once again I am attempting to port the latest version of gnomemeeting to
> > FreeBSD and the configure script is insistent that the IXJ driver be
> > present. At this time, there is no IXJ driver for FreeBSD and I don't
> > expect one any time soon (although I'm not saying I won't try to port
> > it, I don't have time right now).
> >=20
> > In the past I have been able to ifdef things to make Gnomemeeting build
> > without IXJ, but the latest version seems to have given up on this and
> > won't even configure without it.
> >=20
> > Do you think it's still possible or is the IXJ code so enmeshed that I'll
> > have to abandon GnomeMeeting on FreeBSD?
>
> Roger Hardiman will offer patches for GM 1.2 to compile on FreeBSD
> tomorrow (or so he said). Stand by for a newsflash. We'll make them
> public as we have them (or plain check the ports tree for updates).

Great! Roger did the original ixj driver for FreeBSD V4, so hearing that
he is doing (has done?) the port gives me a pretty good feeling. I have
already made the required, trivial, patches to openh323 and will be
feeding them back to Craig for incorporation into the CVS sources and,
hopefully, future releases.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)