Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Open discussion about ILS/SIP/FWD

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:53:38 +1000
Craig Southeren <craigs postincrement com> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 11:48:52 +0200
> PUYDT Julien <jpuydt free fr> wrote:

> > > Yes, you may dare to ask :)
> >
> > So, when will OPAL support video?
>
> It's on the TODO list for immediately after we stabilise the SIP code.
> Right now, Robert and I can only work on this in our spare time, of
> which we have very little lately.
>
> I've copied Robert on this email - perhaps he will be able offer his
> comments.

There are basically three prerequisites for video:

Implementation of plug in codecs and its infrastructure, initially for
audio.

Redesign of the OpalMediaFormat system so that codec options can be
included. For example with H.261 it would be if QCIF, CIF etc is to be
used.

Implementation of plug in codecs for video.

But before all of this I want to see callgen running with 20 or so
simultaneous calls run for 24 hours!

-----
Robert Jongbloed
OpenH323 & OPAL Architect.