Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting 1.0.2 issues

Le dim, 29/08/2004 à 18:25 -0700, Oturan Boga a écrit :
> I would like to use gnomemeeting with my firewire
> camera.
> (dc, not avc.) well, I compiled everything allright,
> and it seemingly works, but there are three flaws:
> (bugs)

The DC plugin is the more primitive of the lot, because we lack
developpers to work on it. If you have some skills, we'll gladly take
your patches!

> 1. the picture size does not fit inside the window,
>    it is smaller than the gnomemeeting video window,
>    so some areas, bottom and left, is a little black.
>    (empty). it shows the same behavior regardless of
>    picture size used. (small or large), But, using a
> USB
>    webcam, it behaves normal.

It probably takes the image directly from the device, but doesn't do any
resizing on it.

> 2. the adjustment buttons at the video settings tab
>    are not working. (brightness, etc). I have tested
>  the
>    camera with coriander, and those functions do work.

This isn't implemented.

> 3. it does not go well with the raw1394 device. rather
> you have to set to /dev/video1394/0, or it will crash
> (permissions for video devices are allright)

I don't know exactly how it works...

>   I will be willing to do some testing, in order to
> get this perfectly running, with the video1394.

The problem is that I have an AVC, and could help make the AVC plugin
work ; but for DC, I would only be able to make blind changes...

Snark on #gnomemeeting