Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Philips camera support discontinued?

>>Well again to not get into this situation again so
should we all try to get the pwcx code GPL'd. So
anybody here knows how to contact at Philips please
give us this info now.<<

Well - they're just right across the street - I can
see the big Philips neon sign from my desk. ;-) But I
doubt we would reach anybody who is in charge of
licencing policies. It's worth a try - though we'd
probably be petition no. 45 that particular day.

We shouldn't get megalomanic - most hardware vendor
still say - well we cater the Windows markers - that's
it. We can consider it stupid but that's the way it
is. Big companies tend to be led by predominantly
ignorant people. (Just an episode: I remember well my
then totaly arrogant and stupid boss talking in
ridiculous posh English on the future strategie of the
bank's trading departement: We want to concentrate on
the top 500 clients in the market. Well, my banker
collegues clapped hands - the bank is gone meanwhile)
So I don't expect anything though I don't know
anything about Philips.

Anyway - for Linux to get momentum it should have
widespread hardware acceptance. There will always be
vendors reluctant to release specs.

We should try to reconcile the two parties and show
that Linux is better than competing systems because
the users play a big part in where it's going.

That is my point here. Probably getting out of topic.

Conrad