Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Open discussion about ILS/SIP/FWD

Damien Sandras a écrit :

Hello to all,

I have thought a bit more to this and finally I think that only support
one provider for registration is bad, even if they have a large
community of users and additional services like conferences (not sure it
is free though).

We are a free software community, with a small gnomemeeting community,
let's keep it that way.
To summarize :
- 1.2 will keep ILS
- 2.00 will have SIP support and a new registration mechanism on
seconix.com. If possible, that registration mechanism based on LDAP and
a SIP registrar/proxy, will be able to register users to
FreeWorldDialup. If it is not possible, users will still be free to drop
seconix (like they can now) and register to FWD only.

Any comments welcome.
Did I misunderstood something? You asked if registration to seconix LDAP server could in the mean time register to FWD and this is the only registration possibility, or it was an additional feature to seconix, people still able to register to X SIP registrar simultaneously? If the first, bad idea ;-)

BTW, on how much registrar (SIP or H323) will be possible to register simultaneously (X-Lite has 10)