Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Open discussion about ILS/SIP/FWD

Damien Sandras a écrit :

Hello to all,
Hello

[...]
My question is simple, what do my users want ?
1) H.323 or SIP or both or I don't care
You have to keep both. If SIP seems more to be the future in Europe and North America, Asia and Japan are more H323. And in my opinion, quality of H323 is better today, but there is a lack of good client comparing to SIP in Windows world.

2) use freeworlddialup only (SIP) and get rid of seconix.com. Possibly
trying to convince them to provide an LDAP interface to their whitepages
perhaps allowing to search for gnomemeeting users only.
No, stay autonomous.

3) use freeworlddialup (SIP) in combination with seconix.com
(gnomemeeting users would be able to take a gnomemeeting account, listed
on LDAP at seconix.com, when registering that account, they could
optionnaly specify a FreeWorldDialup account. When logging in on
seconix.com, they would be registered to FWD at the same time).
Yes, the good one ;-)

4) use seconix.com as main registration source for both H.323 and SIP,
with other gnomemeeting users listed in an LDAP server. Those who want
can use FreeWorldDialup instead, but the system wouldn't support it
natively.
3) has my preference

2) is a good option I think. The only problem is that I have now an idea
of my number of users through the use of seconix.com. If we use
FreeWorldDialup only, and if they prevent LDAP browsing and GnomeMeeting
filtering, you will be unable to call other GnomeMeeting users only).
Using FWD like in 3) bring us also another extension: IAX client will also be able to reach you through your FWD number.

--
Daniel