Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Open discussion about ILS/SIP/FWD

Damien Sandras wrote:
Le vendredi 27 août 2004 à 17:17 +0300, Johnny Strom a écrit :

2) use freeworlddialup only (SIP) and get rid of seconix.com. Possibly
trying to convince them to provide an LDAP interface to their whitepages
perhaps allowing to search for gnomemeeting users only.

Well the freeworlddialup might not be so good idea we are not in conrol over what happens there, just think what happend to pwcx.

Agreed.

I wote for number 4 but we skip H323 and just use SIP.

ie no FWD support at all, or the possibility to register to FWD through
seconix.com if specified?

Ie, you have your seconix.com address :
sip:johnny strom seconix com

People can use it to call you.

You specify when registering that you also have FWD number 111111,
password 1234, and then seconix.com registers you to FWD, allowing you
to :
- be called by other FWD users
- call other FWD users
- call other FWD numbers
- call other seconix.com users
- be called by other seconix.com users
- be listed on ldap.seconix.com
- be listed on the whitepages from FWD

Perhaps that's the ideal, I don't know if it is possible though.

Yes if it is possible that would be great :)

Btw, I'll keep H.323 for sure.

Well I don't know all new Voip phones and such things use SIP nowdays,
some dose not support H323 anymore at least that is the impression I got.