Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting-cvs not connecting to Netmeeting with MS-GSM codec

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:24:48 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would say that MS-GSM is not installed on your parents computer or
> that speexw disabled it. notice only speexw 8k is available and work
> between GM and NM.

I have recreated the situation at home (with GM-cvs and NM-3.0.1 on Windoze 98). I have both MS-GSM enabled and the speexw codecs installed.

It appears that I can't use ANY other codec other than speexw, if I disable speexw within GM (i.e. in attempt to use MS-GSM or even a/uLaw) I get video without any audio channel opened.

If I revert to GM-1.0.2 I can use MS-GSM.
Simon.