Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Quickcam 4000 pro + i810 7012 + ALSA problem

Le mer 11/08/2004 à 18:52, Zoilo Gomez a écrit :
> I recently purchased 2 Quickcam 4000 Pro's with built-in microphone
> (USB), and would like to use the built-in microphones.
>
> I am using kernel 2.4.21 with gnomemeeting-1.0.2. Testing on 2 different
> PC's, one with built-in Via82xx audio chip, and another one with
> built-in i810 7012 audio chip. My sound-card is on sound-channel-0, the
> USB-mic is on sound-channel-1.
>
> Video is working fine, but the MIC gives me a headache.
>
> My first attempt was to use standard OSS. Things almost work, but there
> seems to be a sample rate difference problem, resulting in 'chipmonk'
> sound. However, I can use the Wizard + Audio test, although it results
> in distorted chipmonk sound.

Yes, the i810 chipset is only able to record at a sample rate different
from the one needed by gnomemeeting, you absolutely need native ALSA
(not OSS emulation or pure OSS).

> Having consulted the mailing lists, I decided to try ALSA instead
> (alsa-1.0.5a), as ALSA seems to be able to adjust the sample rate.
> However, now I cannot pass beyond the Audio test in the wizard anymore:
> 'Failed to open the device / Impossible to open the selected audio
> device (/dev/dsp1) for recording'. If I ignore this error and make a
> call, the error is: 'Could not open audio channel from the soundcard for
> audio transmission'.

Install the gnomemeeting ALSA plugin and use it. Don't use OSS emulation
with ALSA installed, then report back if it works better :)