[GnomeMeeting-list] Socks proxies

  Can gnomemeeting work behind a Socks 5 proxy? That's one of the
setups I am interested in, and so far I haven't had any success. I
have tried to invoke gnomemeeting as an argument for runsocks. If I
understand it correctly, runsocks is supposed to make applications
Socks proxy aware. However, whenever I do that gnomemeeting takes
several minutes to start. That is, it is several minutes from the
moment I type

   runsocks /usr/bin/gnomemeeting

till the moment the gnomemeeting window pops up - if it does pop up at
all: sometimes it just doesn't.

   Anybody know what might be going here?