Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Abnormal call termination

>>    I recently set up gnomemeeting so that I can talk to and see my
>> wife (she's in England and I am in California). The thing is, I am
>> behind a firewall. I did all the port redirection, as explained in the
>> FAQs.
>>
>>  When we tried a connection we got the following:
>>   1) My call to her got through, and she could actually hear me before
>> the call was abnormally terminated a few seconds after it was
>> initiated. I couldn't hear her though.
>>

> That means your NAT gateway is misconfigured or you forgot to enable IP
> translation in the gnomemeeting preferences.

    Actually, my setup is a bit more complex than I explained. In the
first place, I've got a DSL router D that exposes a single IP address
A to the external world. Directly behind that I have a Linux box L
with two network interfaces: one connected to D, and the other
connected to my home LAN. Gnomemeeting is running on another box H in
my LAN, not on L.

    I have made sure that connections to the ports relevant to
gnomemeeting are allowed in D, and are mapped to the same ports in L.
In turn, on L, using the IP tables incantations from the FAQs, those
ports are mapped again to the same ports in H. I use a similar setup
for other applications, like ftp, ssh, http, etc., which work fine.

   The question is, when configuring the gnomemeeting client to work
with NAT, what IP address S should I specify in the "Public IP of the
NAT/PAT router" box?

   The way I see it, from the point of view of my gnomemeeting client
in H, L is the interface to the external world, for L is what gives H
access to the net outside my LAN. Therefore, I would have thought that
S should be that of L's external network interface; that is, the one
it uses to connect to D. What is keeping me confused about all this is
that any incoming calls from hosts anywhere in the world are to be
addressed to D's external IP address A - which is the only one people
can use to reach me.

   I guess that another way of looking at it is to pretend that L does
not exist, and that H is directly connected to D and then to the world
- in which case S would have to be A.

   What is the right approach here?