Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting, netmeeting and Debian stable

> Kilian Krause <kk verfaction de> [2004-04-01 13:31]:
>
> > Do you have any idea where I can find these files for woody?
>
> Thanks allot for finding this error.. problem was the
> dh_scrollkeeper from a debhelper package i got from the repository
> where i *only* intended to take dpatch from. Obviously they have a
> broken debhelper backport and haven't yet noticed. Well, nevermind.
> The GM 1.0.2 packages are updated and do install just fine now.
> Grab your copy from deb http://snapshots.seconix.com/debian
> release_woody main with "apt-get install gnomemeeting=1.0.2-1"
>
> Enjoy gnomemeeting!

thanks for fixing it that fast!

Are there any tools to configure the video input device?  I am using a
Logitech WebCam for Notebooks Pro -- which for some reason worked when
I installed gnomemeeting 1.0 first (with a lot of warnings) but does
not work yet.

I am using
uccellina:~!62>
uccellina:~!62> uname -a
Linux uccellina 2.4.24-isgee-neptun-1 #1 Thu Jan 22 21:54:16 CET 2004
i686 unknown

when I plugin the webcam, the following is reported in
/var/log/kernel:

 [kernel] hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.1-2, assigned address 2
 [kernel] usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x46d/0x8b1) is not claimed by any active driver.
 [kernel] pwc Philips PCA645/646 + PCVC675/680/690 + PCVC730/740/750 webcam module version 8.11 loaded.
 [kernel] usb.c: registered new driver audio
 [kernel] usbaudio: device 2 audiocontrol interface 1 has 1 input and 0 output AudioStreaming interfaces
 [kernel] usbaudio: registered mixer 14,16

when I unplug the webcam and re-plug it again, it reports:
 [kernel] uhci.c: 1820: host controller halted. very bad
 [kernel] hub.c: new USB device 00:1d.1-2, assigned address 3
 [kernel] pwc Logitech QuickCam for Notebook Pro USB webcam detected.
 [kernel] usbaudio: device 3 audiocontrol interface 1 has 1 input and 0 output AudioStreaming interfaces
 [kernel] usbaudio: registered mixer 14,16

However, I cannot "convince" gnomemeeting to support this webcam.

Any hints where I could have another look at?

Thanks in advance!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? -> <http://www.rawip.org> |