Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] divx codec?

Hi Mark,

> How silly would it be to try to use the divx codec? I can rip DVD movies at >
> 30fps and I have 100Mbps on the LAN... I'm thinking a v4l capture card and a
> camcorder. Thoughts?

wait for the new openh323-cvs to have a plugins support which will bring
h.263 to GM-CVS. That h.263 is an MPEG4 codec supported through ffmpeg..
Even when there are licensing/copyright issues with some countries, the
plugins-nature will make it easy to add it where it's allowed to use the
code. (openh323 already has an option to compile with h.263 support, but
GM can't use it yet - that's where the plugins are needed first)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian