Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] RedHat 9.0

Le mer 10/09/2003 à 19:26, Yvonne & Paul Keser a écrit :

> I am running RedHat 9.0 and was running the rolled version of
> gnomemeeting, 0.96 I believe.  It ran fine.  I was able to connect to a
> Windoze netmeeting box & he could see me.  He didn't have a camera.
>
> I was also able to upgrade to 0.98.4 (after removing 0.96)
>
> Dumping the traffic it looks like I would only need to open up my
> firewall if I wanted to allow incoming calls is that correct?  If I only
> want to make outgoing calls I don't need to open any inbound ports do I?
> ~   Some protocols like IPSEC require inbound 500 (I think) for outbound
> connections to work.  Does h323/gnomemeeting require anything like this?
>
> I did read the FAQ but it looks like that is for incoming calls.

You have to open 1720 for incoming connections, but not for outgoing
connections. However, the 5000-5003 UDP port range has to be allowed
both for incoming and outgoing connections. The same is true for the TCP
30000-30010 port range, except if both GnomeMeetings are using H.245
Tunneling, in that case you don't need to open that range at all.