Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] [REPORT] Results with 0.98.4 and FireWire webcam

Le mar 09/09/2003 à 01:21, Chris Rankin a écrit :

> I am using an ADS API-203 FireWire webcam, with libdc1394-0.9.1, pwlib-1.5.2 and
> openh323-1.12.2.

DC support is bad: lack of testers... it explains most of your problems,
if not all.

> Again according to coriander, the maximum frame rate for this camera is 30 fps
> (in most modes). Gnomemeeting's frame rate doesn't approach anything like that,
> and I'm guessing that's because it is being bandwidth-friendly? Anyway, the
> upshot of this is that the Linux-2.4.22 video1394 kernel module complains a lot:

Well, for bandwith reasons, you'll always have a low framerate. There
used to be something in the prefs, to higher the framerate (and drop the
quality accordingly, of course), but I don't remember if it's still
present.

Snark on #gnomemeeting