The problem is that I can NOT select Quicknet device in the "Audio Devices" section of the GnomeMeeting preferences. So if the device is not listed, it means that your permissions are incorrect or that the driver installation failed. If the petmissions are wrong how do i change them with chmod ?

From :lsmod|grep ixj

[root hello peter]# lsmod|grep ixj
ixj 174324 0 (unused)
phonedev 3680 0 [ixj]
[root hello peter]#

There is no printout from “lsmod|grep ixj” if i have not first "modprobe ixj”

so thats where i am with this card. Can someone direct me past this point. I am on a learnig curve with this card. I have the idears of how permissions work but not yet the skill but i think that this quicknet card will help.

Thanks
petet colton