Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] set bttv to composite

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 23:23:08 +0200
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> > I have a Creative Soundblaster Live EMU10K1. It works locally with
> > the OSS driver. Is it better to compile a Alsa driver (kernel 2.4.22)
> > ?
> >

> That soundcard is probably the only exception where the OSS driver is as
> good (if not better) than the ALSA driver. I'm using ALSA for it, but
> there is no need to do it.

Ok. On this host, I'll go the lazy way. It HAS to work tomorrow. We
wanted to do it with laptops and firewire cams, but the result is a
little bit disappointing. It works with a little Sony Handy Cam but
doesn't with a big Canon XL1 (I'm not sure of the number). And the
result is fully different on different laptops :

Dell Inspiron 8100 : rather good, but the oblique lines make steps
and the movements are not as fuid as with the analog link.

"Old" Sony Vaio : didn't work at all.

Brand New Pentium M Centrino Vaio (don't remember the model) :
image rather good. Big problems with the sound.

Asus M2400N : poor image. Sound, I don't know. We decided to
go composite or S-Video...

Unfortunately, we bought the last Soundblaster Live tonight and I
cannot build the second host with the same card. I will try with
old SBs I have in my drawers and see if they're full duplex.

The only other new one I have here is a Creative SB Audigy 2. But
I know nothing about this card. I'll check google while Redhat
is installing.

Thank you for your great job.

Norbert