Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] h323 proxy

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 12:20, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le lun 03/11/2003 à 20:10, Florin Andrei a écrit :
> > I'd like to be able to create "chat rooms", and also provide some form
> > of authentication (enter user/pass before joining). The clients will be
> > NetMeeting and GnomeMeeting in the beginning, but maybe other h323 stuff
> > later on.
> > The server that will do that runs Linux.

> A good solution for what you want to achieve is to use OpenMCU and
> GNU/GK with proxying and H.235 authentication enabled.

Will that force somehow all traffic through the gatekeeper? (not just
the connection establishment phase)

I'm asking this because i want to install the gatekeeper in a DMZ, on a
public IP address, to be accessible to clients from outside, but there
will be some h323 clients on the local LAN as well, and the LAN is on
private IP addresses.

Therefore, while LAN-to-DMZ or DMZ-to-LAN connections are not NAT-ed,
LAN-to-Internet connections are NAT-ed by a firewall, and
Internet-to-LAN connections are impossible.
So external systems do not have a direct connection to the LAN.
That's why, if this is to succeed, somehow all h323 traffic will have to
go through the h323 server(s) in the DMZ (LAN-to-DMZ is not NAT-ed,
DMZ-to-Internet is not NAT-ed either).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/