Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Low framerate using dv camcorder.

DV cameras are not natively supported by GnomeMeeting yet, so I suppose
you are somewhat using an hack to make it work as V4L device. If it is
the case, that could be the reason for the slowness.

Check with the preview mode if you get a better speed. If yes, then it
is due to the real-time encoding algorithm, if not, then it is due to
some external cause.

Le dim 16/11/2003 à 12:09, Herman Robak a écrit :
> I get a rather low framerate with a DV camcorder
> as video device.  Neither the bandwidth or the
> CPU should be the bottleneck as far as I can see;
> net usage is ~40KB/s (max 100) and CPU usage is
> ca. 30%.  Yet I get less than 10 fps, no matter
> what I set "quality" and "min fps" to.
>
>  Any ideas?
>
> Hardware: 2.4 GHz P4 with 1GB RAM, tested on LAN.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org